Price Volatility and Risk Management for the Food & Drink Sector
Industry needs to increase its understanding of the challenges presented by price volatility, as well as develop an understanding of the tools available to manage price volatility.
The objectives of the course include:
- To inform participants of the challenges associated with excessive price volatility
- To explore the impact of price volatility on the Irish food and drink sector
- To critically evaluate the tools which may be employed to manage price volatility.
- To understand the functioning of futures and options markets and provide detailed examples of how these tools may be applied in an Irish context.
- To develop a strategic approach to the management of price volatility involving a full understanding of the key drivers of this volatility.
- To apply learning from the educational programme to help to solve specific organisational problems arising from price volatility.
- The ultimate aim is to develop and enhance management and advisory skills of key industry personnel. In turn, the participants should be in a position to lead
Content includesDelivered over 4 x 3 hour modules which include:
- Module 1 - Price Volatility
- Module 2 - An introduction for Future Markets
- Module 3 - Future Markets in Practice
- Module 4 - Case Studies (ex. The Broker perspective).
Who should attendThis programme is directed at those in the agri-food industry, who have a requirement to understand the key concepts of price volatility and its management including those involved in farm advisory / supplier relations roles, Agri division heads, Production Managers, Procurement Managers, Financial Managers, Market Analysts, Members of Strategy Group and Commercial Managers.
11th, 18th Dec 2020 & 8th, 15th Jan 2021