Crisis Communication and Reputation Management
ObjectivesAt end of the programme participants will develop:
- A firm grasp of the context in which they are operating and the threats to this.
- The ability to create and enhance any existing crisis strategies.
- Clear strategies for engaging with your stakeholders.
- An understanding of the tools for evaluating risk and aiding decision making.
- A solid grounding in media requirements.
- A strong understanding of how to handle media and put robust processes in place.
- The ability to evaluate and plan for recovery.
- Introductions and context
- Evaluating the risks that can lead to a crisis in your business
- Formulating a crisis communication strategy
- How to identify and prioritise risks
- Analysing your audiences and stakeholders and their communication needs during a crisis
- Golden rules of crisis communication
- Evaluating your reputation
- How to make better decisions during a crisis
- How to communicate with and maintain relationships with stakeholders during a crisis
- When and how to engage and manage the media
- Handling social media
- Post-crisis evaluation and developing a recovery plan
- Part 2 of the course includes a 2 hour one-to-one media coaching session for potential spokespersons
Who should attendThe programme is designed to upskill Company Owners, Managing Directors, General Managers, Communication/Public Affairs Managers and Crisis Management teams in the food and drink sector. ,
23rd March 2020