Dealing with the 2021 Unfair Trading Practices (UTP) Regulations
ObjectivesThe module focuses on knowledge of the regulations and developing compliant contracts and behaviour.
- Developing a clear understanding of the 2021 UTP regulations and where to access more information and support
- How the regulations apply to your circumstances
- How they differ from the previous Grocery Regulations and the UK GSCOP rules
- How to reduce the chances of an investigation by the Enforcement Authority
- Ensuring regulation compliant contracts
Content includesModule 1: The regulations and their applications for suppliers, internal buyers and retail buyers
- Context of the regulations and their link to previous grocery regulations
- Overview of the regulations and the potential penalties
- Step by step run through of the Black and Grey UTPs and the implications for each with regard to buyer and supplier behaviour
- Input from External sources including the Enforcement Authority and Contract Solicitors
- What to do if you suspect a breach of the regulations
- Additional information sources
Who should attendFrom the supplier base, General Managers, Commercial and Sales Directors, Key Account Managers and regulatory and support staff involved in day-to-day trading. This training is also aimed at buyers within larger food suppliers who are tasked with sourcing food ingredients from other suppliers or sourcing from primary producers in meat, fish, poultry and dairy.