Taking the Lead - Introduction to Leadership skills
ObjectivesAt the end of the programme participants will:
- understand the role of the supervisor versus that of the individual contributor.
- recognise what’s the difference, what needs to change and how to be successful in the role.
- recognise the typical new supervisor traps and choose the correct course of action to avoid them.
- know how to use the right pace of the role and the situation.
- develop people management skills through structured practice using simple effective models (practice and feedback).
- examine one’s own leadership style and increase self-awareness as a supervisor.
Content includes2 day programme covering the following areas:
- Your role as a Supervisor.
- Having clear objectives.
- How to plan and organise.
- How to communicate and motivate effectively.
- How to measure performance and develop your team.
Who should attendOperatives about to be appointed as team leader or recently appointed team leaders / Supervisors.
No training dates available at the moment.