Finance for non-Financial Managers
ObjectivesAt the end of this programme, participants will understand how they can use their accounts to better run their business/department and understand the fundamental principles behind the compilation of a company’s accounts.
They will be able to analyse and interpret the data in a meaningful way, using defined financial ratios and key performance indicators while understanding the techniques used in forecasting and budgeting and the principles of investment appraisal.
Content includesUnderstanding financial techniques
- The Basics of Accounting:
- The balance sheet, P&L and cash flow statement
- Accounting concepts
- Analysing Accounts
- Key Performance indicators for food and drink companies
- Profitability / Liquidity / Efficiency
- Contribution Analysis
- Calculating break even
- The margin of safety
- Forecasting & Budgeting
- Cost plus & zero-base methods
- Costs & pricing
- The evaluation of expenditure
- Return on Investment and payback period
- What Matters Most?
- Profit sensitivity analysis
Who should attendAnyone wishing to improve their knowledge and understanding of finance to improve their management decision making skills.
No training dates available at the moment.